Tuesday 9 December 2014

Finally...

It's been a long time coming, but I've finally branched my Etsy store out onto Facebook and Instagram!

So, the back story. I couldn't actually tell you at what age I started to be creative and enjoy arts and crafts.. Probably a really young one. I can pinpoint that from about year 8 I had decided I wanted to be a graphic designer. In year 9 I did work experience in an agency where I was able to actively assist in the design process and get some idea of how the industry actually works. 
From my work experience I was sure that was my path, and in senior school pursued TAFE on the side to complete a certificate/ introduction to Graphic Design. 

In 2008 on my first trip to Italy, I saved and saved for months leading up and got myself a MacBook Pro in Hong Kong where they were a fraction cheaper than here in Australia. Still weighing in at a hefty $3,000 for a 16 year old!


After graduating year 12 in 2009, I started TAFE for Graphic Design and burnt out super quickly. I left school and went straight into full-time 4 days a week study while all of my friends had cruisey university timetables. I lasted about 4 months and had enough. 


I studied at university doing Marketing for a while, and then as every student does, changed my mind and did a semester of Psychology. During this study I gained a full-time job and we all know once you are earning money, it's hard to go back to studying full-time. 

Once I moved to Adelaide I put my career first and studied as a part of my job completing my Diploma of Business in 2013. During my 3 years in Adelaide I was always drawing still, sewing here and there and creating new things to display in our home. 

Now, being back home for the last year and a half I have really had the opportunity to come back to the things that matter to me, and start to be creative again. 

The things you see on my Facebook Page, or Etsy store are all creations that have evolved over the last year. Most of these things have evolved from favors for friends and eventually been turned into something to display. 

I guess the point behind this post is to explain that this isn't something new for me, branching out in the social media world is, but my art is not. And the reason behind that is i'm really not the kind of person who flaunts what I do, I love when people enjoy my art but it has been more about my own enjoyment until now.

Now i'm ready to share.... 


You can check out my Facebook Page here! Give it a like while you're there? 
OR follow me on Instagram @krossandco_

I'm always looking for new things to create and ideas to build on. If you have something you would like done, or are just looking for a one-of-a-kind piece for your home please don't hesitate to contact me at krossandco@gmail.com

Love, K


P.S. it's barely been 12 hours overnight since I started my Facebook page and we're already at 135 likes! You guys are awesome! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment